29 Nov TriCore Blog!
Putting Active People in PAIN Back in the Game.
THE TRI-CORE CLINIC
“WE ARE DEDICATED TO ATHLETES AND ACTIVE INDIVIDUALS”
The foundation of our clinic is based on a multidisciplinary approach to healthcare with an emphasis on sports medicine, rehabilitation, athletic and sports performance and anti-aging medicine. We practice Evidence Based Medicine in the management of muscle and joint pain syndromes that include soft tissue injuries to muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. We are committed to using state of the art procedures in manual therapy, ACTIVE RELEASE TECHNIQUES® soft tissue treatment, joint manipulation, corrective exercise and sports medicine to aid your recovery from injury and back to health.
We are dedicated to providing the most effective, comprehensive interdisciplinary care in order to help athletes and active individuals regain their health, optimize their performance, prevent injury, and
GET BACK IN THE GAME.
Our goal is to help patients improve their lives by helping them to regain their health, so that they can get back to living an adventurous and active lifestyle.
WHAT SETS US APART
People are plagued by chronic pain and current paradigms in physical medicine and rehabilitation are not properly addressing soft tissue injuries.
- We are dedicated to athletes and active individuals.
- We are dedicated to providing the most effective, comprehensive interdisciplinary care in order to help athletes and active individuals regain their health, optimize their performance, prevent injury, and get back in the game.
- Treatments are non-invasive.
- Patients typically experience notable relief from pain in 1-3 days after treatment.
- We treat the underlying cause of chronic problems which usually involves muscle imbalance and joint dysfunction.
- We offer Functional Movement Screens and specifically prescribe corrective exercises to address these functional faults.
- We offer the full integration of ACTIVE RELEASE TECHNIQUES® soft tissue treatment, joint manipulation and manual therapy, corrective exercise rehabilitation, sports performance training all in conjunction with cooperative medical management when medically necessary.
About the Director Dr. Matt Fontaine is the Director and head clinician of Tri-Core Performance Therapy. He is a graduate of National University of Health Sciences, where he received his Doctor of Chiropractic and a B.S. in Human Biology. He also received his first undergraduate B.S. in Health Science Studies from Quinnipiac University. Dr. Fontaine was residency trained at the Texas Back Institute, one of the country’s leading spine care facilities. Dr. Fontaine holds certification with the American College of Sports Medicine. Dr. Fontaine is a full body certified Active Release Techniques® provider and is also a member of the ART® Ironman Performance Care Team, which treats triathletes at Ironman events in North America. At Tri-Core Performance Therapy our main focus is conservative sports medicine, physical manual medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Fontaine has been privileged to treat many professional, collegiate and high school athletes. He has worked as an ART® provider and consultant with some of the MLB teams who make their spring training and minor league homes in the St. Petersburg/ Clearwater area. Dr. Fontaine has worked as a consulting physician for Eckerd College Athletics Sports Medicine Staff providing treatment for student athletes. Our Community Outreach Tri-Core Performance Therapy frequently holds free sports clinics for various local sports and athletic clubs. These clinics allow us to share our expertise in the field of sports medicine, rehabilitation, and sports and athletic performance. We work closely with local coaches, athletic clubs, sports teams, and local golf and tennis clubs in an attempt to help people recover from and prevent injury, optimize their performance and get them back in the game.