Job Title: PATIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST
Department: ADMINISTRATIVE & CLINICAL SERVICES
Reports to: Clinic Director, Practice Operations Manager, Partner Providers, Board of Advisors
Position Purpose: Support the needs of a busy multi-faceted Behavior Health Practice office to service existing Practitioner’s, Doctors, vendors and patients. Position reports Dr./Owner of the Center
- Patient service functions:
- Set up and maintain provider, and provider client, appointments
- Accurately call in any patient referrals.
- Respond to customer inquiries with superior service and respect.
- Effectively handle all incoming work from all staff, practitioners and vendors.
- Billing/ Insurance:
- Accurately perform all electronic billing functions
- Accurately perform all insurance billing functions and resolve issues effectively
- Assist with QuickBooks bookkeeping functions
- Communicate with Insurance for proper benefit verification & billing
- Assist with metrics reports and reconciliation reporting functions as directed
- Administration functions:
- Medical records management, keep office area clean and tidy
- Create and send correspondence for Doctors and Practitioner’s as directed
- Solid computers skills (MS products, e-mail, billing and medical systems, etc.)
- Provide other administrative/clinical support as needed
- Ensure all procedures for the position are documented
The three most vital pillars to our success are:
- Creating and nurturing a positive energy atmosphere in the office. Our patients are coming to us and to our clinic as a place of healing. We must provide a friendly, professional, positive atmosphere and treat them like family. You are the face of our practice.
- Stay two steps ahead of the providers and patients…..ANTICIPATE NEXT STEPS
- TEAMWORK… We expect transparency and open communication with patients and with our team.
- Be accountable, professional and responsible for all actions.
- Exhibit effective verbal/written communications with all customers and personnel
- Exhibit good decision making with attention to detail.
- Take initiative and work independently with little or no supervision
- Confidentiality of sensitive information is critical.
One year college preferred.
2 years medical office experience required
1+ year billing/medical software experience required
Some scheduling experience preferred
Shifts vary between 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M – F